POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wiki: Attachments (Images) disappearing .. : Re: Wiki: Attachments (Images) disappearing .. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wiki: Attachments (Images) disappearing ..
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 10 Feb 2005 07:21:23
Message: <420b51c3$1@news.povray.org>
Neil Kolban wrote:
> Folks,
> I notice that many of our images/attachments on the wiki are getting
> "deleted".  It is possible that this is vandalism but it seems so widespread
> that it looks like a disproportionate effort for someone to do this.  Any
> thoughts?  Do we have a wiki bug?
>
> Tom,
> Can you zap a backup/snapshot of the environment?
>
> Neil

Can you point me to a specific attachment that was deleted so I can
check it out.  There is a restore function for deleted attachments.
Look at the deleted attachment on this page:

http://povray.tirnalong.com/ow.asp?p=MediaPage&a=attach

You can click the icon on the right that shows the curled arrow to do a
restore.

IIRC attachments can only be permanently deleted when I run the
deprecate script.  I have not run that yet.  Keep in mind that if you
uplad a file that has an extension other than

           gif|jpg|png|bmp|jpeg|mpg|avi|pov

then it will have the extension ".safe"  appended to the filename.  So that:

      "coolarchive.zip" becomes "coolarchive.zip.safe"